Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Dolphin is not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Khilik

First off hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

My dolphin 5.0 client has recently stopped running my wii games. It runs gamecube totally fine, but when I try to run wii games I get the error Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF followed by SetupWiiMemory Can't create setting.txt file and after that it presents me with Unable to resolve read address 80004000 PC 0 which endlessly pops back up no matter how many times I close it. The only way to finally shut it down is through task manager thus shutting down the whole dolphin program. I've done my own research but so far have not been able to turn up any working solution.

I'm on windows 10 and recently upgraded my video card. Prior to the upgrade everything ran totally fine. However now that is not the case. GC runs totally fine, just need the wii to cooperate. I saw online that this is apparently a common issue with Dolphin 5.0 on windows 10 and the simple solution that seems to work for most is to simply delete the dolphin.ini file. I've done this a few times and it did nothing. I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the client and trying older versions of dolphin as was suggested to me elsewhere but that didn't work at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It can't seem to write to the NAND. Try running Dolphin in portable mode.

Khilik

(12-04-2016, 10:15 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It can't seem to write to the NAND.  Try running Dolphin in portable mode.

How exactly do I do that? I've seen people mention portable mode before, but i've never seen an option for it anywhere. Also sorry for the delayed response. Had to work.
To run in portable mode, create a file named portable.txt in the same folder as Dolphin.exe. This will make Dolphin place its config folder in the same folder as Dolphin.exe.

Khilik

Okay, thank you. That worked. Will I need to do this with the next version of dolphin once it releases or should it work without it?
If your current version doesn't work without portable.txt, other versions generally won't work without portable.txt either. Basically, there's something that's broken with your regular config, so unless you fix it (or unless a newer version of Dolphin fixes it in case it's related to a bug in Dolphin, which might not be the case), you'll continue to need to use portable.txt.

Khilik

(12-06-2016, 01:43 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If your current version doesn't work without portable.txt, other versions generally won't work without portable.txt either. Basically, there's something that's broken with your regular config, so unless you fix it (or unless a newer version of Dolphin fixes it in case it's related to a bug in Dolphin, which might not be the case), you'll continue to need to use portable.txt.

Ah, alright. Thanks for the help/info. Much appreciated.