Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to open game in Linux in command? Without Dolphin interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to open the games without being through the Dolphin interface (same as the Mupen64 emulator).

Ex: "/dolphin-emu -eĀ folder/game.iso" - But opens the interface together

I wanted to open only the game on Steam by TV. Cool

I did not find the command to open the game on Linux (SteamOS).

Is there a command? Huh

/dolphin-emu game.iso
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ne_Options

dolphin-emu --batch --exec=(path to iso)
Note that the main window will still show up and be shortly visible before the render window appears above it. Dolphin will automatically exit after you stop the game with the --batch option, though.
(12-04-2016, 02:31 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ne_Options

dolphin-emu --batch --exec=(path to iso)

[color=#212121]dolphin-emu --batch --exec=game.iso[/color]
With this command the interface continues to open along with the game.

I do not know which command from this list opens the game without Dolphin interface.
(12-04-2016, 03:23 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Note that the main window will still show up and be shortly visible before the render window appears above it. Dolphin will automatically exit after you stop the game with the --batch option, though.

I wanted to open only the rendering window.
(12-04-2016, 03:41 AM)PauloBrazil Wrote: [ -> ]dolphin-emu --batch --exec=game.iso
With this command the interface continues to open along with the game.
I do not know which command from this list opens the game without Dolphin interface.
(12-04-2016, 04:09 AM)PauloBrazil Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to open only the rendering window.

Why do you think we only gave you these arguments? Because there's no way (that I know of, without modifying the Source Code) to do that on the command line. Also, it isn't that of a big deal that it is open in the background, the game starts automatically and dolphin completely exits when ending emulation/exiting, and it is just in the background.

Also, please just use normal font size. If you want it bigger, just zoom in by pressing CTRL and + at the same time.

Also, there's a "nogui"-Version, but I am not sure about it's usability.
I don't see why dolphin-emu-nogui or dolphin-nogui, whatever its called, wouldn't work.
(12-04-2016, 04:24 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you think we only gave you these arguments? Because there's no way (that I know of, without modifying the Source Code) to do that on the command line. Also, it isn't that of a big deal that it is open in the background, the game starts automatically and dolphin completely exits when ending emulation/exiting, and it is just in the background.

Also, please just use normal font size. If you want it bigger, just zoom in by pressing CTRL and + at the same time.

Also, there's a "nogui"-Version, but I am not sure about it's usability.

I'm sorry, I'm from Brazil andĀ failed to interpret.

I'm sorry for the font size.

If you do not have the command, I think I'm the only one who wants to do this.
Thank you for your help
There's no way to do that with DolphinWX.

NoGUI has no real GUI and only has a render window, but it's probably not intended to be used by end users (it works, but it has missing features such as hotkeys and likely some other usability issues).
(12-04-2016, 05:11 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why dolphin-emu-nogui or dolphin-nogui, whatever its called, wouldn't work.

Is it difficult to put the command to open only the rendering window?
Pages: 1 2