Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Every GC game has heavily distorted audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every GC game I try to play (ex: Pokemon Colosseum, Custom Robo, OoT Master Quest) has audio distortion to the point of unplayability. VPS and FPS are both at 60, the game is running at 100% speed, the video is flawless (actually slow in Custom Robo but that's another issue altogether), but the audio has a weird crackly distortion coupled with a slight echo. Any suggestions? I've fiddled around with settings a little but to no avail. Everything is back to default now.
Does this happen on the latest Dolphin revisions? It shouldn't happen on 5.0 at any rate, but see if using one of the dev builds from here helps with anything. Also, does this happen while playing anything else? E.g. Virtual Consoles, WiiWare, or Wii games?
(11-24-2016, 06:12 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen on the latest Dolphin revisions? It shouldn't happen on 5.0 at any rate, but see if using one of the dev builds from here helps with anything. Also, does this happen while playing anything else? E.g. Virtual Consoles, WiiWare, or Wii games?

I haven't tried that, I'll check out the dev builds.

I'll try Wii games, I don't know what those other things are.
No success with the dev builds, haven't gotten a chance to try a Wii game yet.

But what I forgot to mention is that a while ago I started playing Ocarina of Time with no problems whatsoever. Now it's running at 50% along with Custom Robo. Although Pokemon is at 100% with the same audio distortion.

:C