Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: With the i7 6700k for Dolphin. Is there limitations still? Will be getting a 7700k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be building a new pc that will have a 7700k processor when it comes out in January and a 1070. Will I have any problems playing Wii and Gamecube games in 4k with max graphics? Are there still games that don't run well no matter what hardware you will have? Or will some of them still not run full speed with everything cranked due to cpu limitations?
You'll be wasting money getting an i7-7700k if you only plan on Dolphin. If you are going to wait for the new processors, get an i5-7600k. It'll get you very similar performance.
No mater what You'll buy ... micro-stutters will always be there Wink
I don't see how I would be wasting money..The i7700k is clocked at 4.2 compared to 3.8ghz for the i5 7600k and it would be much better for multitasking. Anyways, that wasn't the question.
You can OC the i5 anyway so I don't really see 0.4GHz mattering. But no, you won't have problems either way.
Well , it would be overkill for Dolphin . For Dolphin , a Skylake i3 6100 @ 3.7GHz is more than enough
i7 7700k could be useful for other emulators like Citra and Cemu though
Moved to Hardware...