Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Paper Mario not accepting input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to play Super Paper Mario again, some years after I last played it and I noticed that out of all my games, this is the only one that doesn't accept any input at all! No matter what I press, it doesn't respond. I first tried it on 5.0-1331 on Windows 10 and noticed this. Then I tried 5.0-1325 on macOS Sierra and it happens there too.
I tried changing settings, like the backend on Windows, or turning Dual-Core off, but nothing changed. I also checked my controls multiple times, I opened other games and they were acceping input just fine.
And before I try redumping, I tested 5.0 stable on macOS and it happens there as well. After that, I tried 4.0-205 and I saw something I didn't expect. It worked fine there, the game accapted input! It seems to me that the issue lies in Dolphin and not my game file, so I won't redump for now (I could still be wrong though). Does anyone else have this problem? If you are reading this and you own Super Paper Mario, try it on 5.0 or any newer build. Does this happen to you?
Can't speak for the Mac, but running 1331 on Windows 10, the inputs worked perfectly fine for me.  Using a PS3 controller with the controls mapped to it
I'm using an xinput PC gamepad. Seeing your controls gave me an idea. I tested using the keyboard and it works fine. But with the xinput it works neither on macOS, nor on Windows 10 for me (there's a driver for these controllers on macOS, it works fine with other games). So, the problem seems to affect only xinput and not direct input
I found a workaroud. When I start the game after setting controls to the keyboard (default), it accepts input and while it's open, I load the profile I created for the game for the xinput gamepad and it continues to work. But each time I start the game I have to do all this process again...
I'm glad you got it working, even though it's kinda a pain to have to go through those steps every time you want to play it