Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any plans on fixing the scream effect in Mario Galaxy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There;s this one little issue that bothers me in my favorite mario game series, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.  Whenever you hit one of the bosses a couple times, they let out this scream effect that's missing in Dolphin.  Dolphin only shows it as a darker shade around their mouth.  Is there any plans to address this?
Do we want it to be fixed? Yes.

Is there any plan for when it will be fixed or who will fix it? No.
Did you try disabling efb to texture only? My blind guess is that this is an efb2ram feature.
Of course. I basically have that option always disabled so I play all my games with efb to ram, virtual/real xfb, and bounding box enabled for all games i play.
I had a period when I was also always playing with these accurate options. But really, bounding box is very specific, GPU intensive and only affects Paper Mario afaik. Also virtual / real XFB sounds nice but ironically it's sometimes less accurate than no XFB (https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9494).
I dont know but I do know that EFB to RAM, virtual or real XFB depending on the game and Bounding box enabled for all my games is more accurate than disabling those and why disable them and lower my accuracy when my PC handles it fine with no slowdown no matter what settings I throw at it?
(11-24-2016, 01:26 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know but I do know that EFB to RAM, virtual or real XFB depending on the game and Bounding box enabled for all my games is more accurate than disabling those and why disable them and lower my accuracy when my PC handles it fine with no slowdown no matter what settings I throw at it?

XFB has a few issues. There is also those extreme games like New Super Mario Bros Wii coins efb ram and 5.0-540 kills nearly all computers for normal MMU games.
Ah yes, the 5.0-540 update that adds dynamic BAT. Now it's literally impossible to get fullspeed in the rogue squadron games not matter what CPU/GPU you hsve.
I can get full speed just fine on a 2.4 - 3.4ghz laptop haswell and a GT 755m.
Before Dynamic BATs: Rogue Squadron 2/3 don't run fast enough, there's too much shader stuttering they're unplayable.
After Dynamic BATs: Rogue Squadron 2/3 are unplayable because of dynamic bats they don't run fast enough.

People acting like Rogue Squadron 2/3 ran good before dynamic bats is out of their mind. The performance went down, but, it was still highly unstable. I honestly don't know what people expect. If you want an emulator that is efficient and accurate, then there isn't going to be magical hacks. Be patient and good things will come.
Pages: 1 2