Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LAN party box.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking at building a small LAN party sized portable box to store all my emulators (including PCSX2 and Dolphin, possibly in the future Cemu and [color=#333333]Citra). Gonna go with an mITX style case and motherboard. I already have several parts from older PCs I'm gonna re-use for it. I want something that can run these 4 modern emulators at 1080p/60 (or 30 if locked). I can not decide on what CPU to use. I'd love to get Skylake or least grab a skylake board during black friday. I already have an idea for what I want for PSU, RAM, and Cooler.[/color]

Already decided on:
[color=#333333]BitFenix Case
[/color]

[color=#333333]Existing parts gonna reuse for this build:[/color]
[color=#333333]eVGA 780 GTX[/color]
[color=#333333]120GB SSD[/color]
[color=#333333]2TB WD HDD[/color]
My xbox pc meets your requirements if you want a baseline.
What kind of benchmarks do you get with it with that i3 and 750ti for games like Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy and Zelda SS and Metroid Prime at 1080p and FSAA.
If it's for Dolphin and PCSX2 only then even i3 6100 @ 3.7GHz ($100) will be more than enough
Citra is very slow atm , nothing less than an i7 4970k @ 4.5->5.0GHz can run most games at playable speed
Citra could be faster in the future though
Cemu is hard to tell . Depending on the game you play ...In the end , you will need an OCed i5/i7 if you want the best experience

If you have a lot of money to spend , I suggest you should get either i5 6600k or i7 6700k with Z170 mobo and overclock the hell out of it
Heat could be an issue , you should invest on a powerful CPU cooler but don't go with a heavy one like I did (It will break your mobo socket when you move your PC to other place ). Yeah , I'm also have an ITX system
Noctua nh-l9i should do just fine