Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Wii Saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hamstie

I am wondering if there is a way to save wii progress on net play? If there is a way to make this work I would like to know how I am willing to go into any version of dolphin or change the source if I have to to get this working also I found out that some dolphins dev builds have this feature on. From memory I think its version 4.0-6500 (I most likely wrong).The reason I am not using this build though is because the wiimote support is horrible, and why did they disable this feature in the first place. Thanks!
They disabled it because no one could get it to work.

Hamstie

(11-18-2016, 07:14 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]They disabled it because no one could get it to work.

That's strange because it worked fine on 4.0-6500 or what ever the version is. But what do I know :/
(11-18-2016, 07:19 AM)Hamstie Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange because it worked fine on 4.0-6500 or what ever the version is. But what do I know :/
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...ild?page=3
On this topic here, you should be able to find out what you need to know about using saves online. It is possible to use saves online with a custom build, but a few more settings need to be the same on both computers compared to 4.0-6502, so it is a little trickier to use.

Hamstie

(11-18-2016, 08:10 AM)Super David Wrote: [ -> ]https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...ild?page=3
On this topic here, you should be able to find out what you need to know about using saves online. It is possible to use saves online with a custom build, but a few more settings need to be the same on both computers compared to 4.0-6502, so it is a little trickier to use.

I really appreciate this thanks
(11-18-2016, 08:13 AM)Hamstie Wrote: [ -> ]I really appreciate this thanks
No problem. If you need any help with this, feel free to private message me or post here. I think almost everything was already discussed in that topic, but again, the key is sharing settings. I would recommend specifically sending the "Wii" folder to the other player. Also, I have gotten some false desync messages, so I wouldn't instantly assume it's a desync before seeing for yourself that something is off, although if a message pops up the moment the game starts, then it likely is out of sync and it is probably caused by the settings being wrong.