Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: So about the upcoming Intel i3 7350k....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I recently heard about it in a news video on YouTube.Here is a article to read up on it: Article about i3 7350k.

Idea

I want to know if the IPC were raised high enough to make a difference.It could be a huge development for budget Dolphin users,with overclocking and a 4.0 GHz base clock(4.2 GHz Boost).I think it needs more investigation. Wink
But the IPC would still be amazing.

Oh, and *waves her magic moderator wand*

Moved to Hardware!
Skylake is already efficient enough for Dolphin.

Most non-ULV skylake chips can already play damn near everything Dolphin can throw at it assuming reasonable stock clocks. Unless we make another big accuracy improvement at the cost of speed, the new i3 will run just fine at stock clocks, and people can overclock it if they want anyways.

It's not really a game changer for Dolphin users as cheap chips to emulate consoles have already existed for quite a long time now. This is a more expensive chip that can do much more than just emulation.
This looks like a great replacement/upgrade for the G3258 chip
A price to boot, if the rumored price is to be believed. If it were priced below 100$...I might try it out, but at 177$...I'll hang onto the G3258 a bit longer.
Maybe not as an upgrade for existing owners, but for new buyers, it'll probably be a great chip.
I'm actually a new buyer, looking into those two chips. I was kind of leaning towards the G3258, if the 7350k comes out at the estimated price its more than twice as much.
If you purely want an emulation machine, the G3258 is fine. If you want it to do more, get the i3. Even Cemu only uses 2 hard working threads, like Dolphin.
(11-26-2016, 01:09 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]If you purely want an emulation machine, the G3258 is fine. If you want it to do more, get the i3. Even Cemu only uses 2 hard working threads, like Dolphin.

How much more demanding is cemu than dolphin(ignoring optimization of the CEMU codeĀ and all that)?
Pages: 1 2 3