Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Earthworm Jim 2 VC isn't working anymore except on OGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know this regression is very recent, because I remember playing EWJ 2 with the Vulkan backend not too long ago, right after XFB was implemented in fact.  It was when XFB was just implemented in Vulkan and Vulkan still had vsync problems (unable to enable vsync even when it's checked).  What's weird is OpenGL has no problem whatsoever with booting this game up, while all the other backends just crash with a black screen.  Can someone take a look at what's special about this VC title and only OGL is capable of running it now (every backend used to play this title no problem)?
Can you say what version broke it? I know Genesis VC titles are very touchy when it comes to XFB emulation, so a cleanup could have broken it.

Edit: Yup, Genesis VC games are broken. Good catch.
No they're not all broken. For example, I can play EWJ 1 VC wiith every backend. It's only EWJ 2 that requires OGL to work.
Yeah, there are small number of MegaDrive VC games that don't use strided XFB copies.
Is this going to be fixed soon? I mean, it used to work on every backend not too long ago.
Things like this are why stable exists.
There's been no bisect done on it and few developers actually have a sizable number of VC games so there's no ETA. If you did a bisect it'd make it a lot easier to figure out what's wrong.
I know it's after vulkan got XFB implemented and before/or when vsync was fixed in vulkan. So it's very recent.
Okay; that's good enough for me to work with, I'll take it from here.
Fixed now by 5.0-1531
Pages: 1 2