Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Billy Hatcher: Water Graphics glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Fenrirga

This is a pretty minor issue, but I hope I can get some assistance regardless.

Billy Hatcher, for me, seems to have a small hiccup with water textures. Water that is suppose to look like this:

[Image: pc-59082-21421940389.jpg]

Instead is loading like this.

[Image: MhmzzEc.png]

Basically the water is suppose to be clear and slightly transparent. When it's not like this, it's intead a gigantic black void that doesn't even look like water.

I checked and matched up all of my compatibility settings with the game's wiki page, (OpenGL, safe textures, etc) but to no avail, and the page doesn't list the issue anywhere. As well, I turned off all of my speed hacks and it still hasn't changed. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? It's an extremely minor issue, I know, but this game has LOTS of water. I'd appriciate the help.
Does this happen in the latest development build?

If yes, can you upload a FIFO log for our graphics wizards to look at?

I think it's one of the options in the top menu in Dolphin.

Fenrirga

(11-12-2016, 07:04 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen in the latest development build?

If yes, can you upload a FIFO log for our graphics wizards to look at?

I think it's one of the options in the top menu in Dolphin.

Yep, it does. And sure I think? I hope this is what you mean.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y07s5weo97hv9f...2.dff?dl=0

This is the point I did it at.

[Image: hUCXzXm.png]
*summons graphics wizards*
I take it the water should be in that black area?
Is that the dual-source blend bug on older NVIDIA drivers?

Fenrirga

The water is indeed suppose to be in the black area. And I certainly can't say for sure if it's the bug you're talking about... My graphics card isn't terribly old and I can safely say this is the first time I've encountered something like this. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M for the record.

Fenrirga

Massive bump, but I didn't want to double-post since I knew that would be frowned upon. However, it's been a few months now so I figured I'd try and see if anyone had any ideas on this since the problem is persisting.