Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: license and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WalterHopk

Yesterday i checked my network for outdated software and found that emulator can`t be monitored through pc audit tool and i`m curious why. Is emulator working on GNU license? Other software that works with GNU GPL is checking ok. Or there can be some craches in my system?
Maybe Dolphin doesn't look like an installed program on the OS? I'm guessing that tool looks for specific locations/data to find out what programs are installed (Program Files on Windows, whatever package manager on Linux, and whatever OSX/MacOS does). If you're using Dolphin, but it looks like a random executable file outside where the program searches, that program is going to miss it.

It seems like you're using Dolphin 3.5, which never had a system installer for Windows or OS X (Linux installed stuff pretty well with CMake), so it probably does look like a random file to the audit tool. If you installed Dolphin 5.0, you might see that change.