Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: about a certain future update regarding nun-chuckk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

emirix123

Can anyone tell me when or will there be a update to fix the ''connect the nun-chuck'' error, as I've red u need the real wii controller for this but it costs a lot in my country and I hope to get the knowledge if and when will this be fixed. Thank you for the support.
You shouldn't need a real Wii controller for that. Have you set the extension in the Wiimote configuration to Nunchuk?

emirix123

(11-11-2016, 03:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't need a real Wii controller for that. Have you set the extension in the Wiimote configuration to Nunchuk?

ok I'm very sorry that I didn't notice this b4 but when someone replies to me in this forum I thought that I would get a notification but I just realized that ''messages'' in this forum doesn't function like that. And its my first time to experience this in a forum. But anyways back to the problem, I've tried a lot of things to fix this mainly just re configuring the controller settings and switching the controllers from keyboard to usb controller to a virtual keyboard. And changing from hybrid to emulated wii-mote also I've filled all the possible nun chuck buttons with the keyboard's buttons but that didn't work either, other forums said to try disable and re enable the emulated wiimote but that didn't work either, the only thing other people said that works is a real nun-nunchuck. And don't worry about how my emulator's controller extension might not work because it works on other games that don't require a must have nun chuck. The one that I've tested the nun chuck is mario kart and it works on it, but the legend of zelda skyward sword just doesn't wan to let me pass without a real one I guess. Also what I've noticed that there is 0 lag running 60fps steady all the time in mario kart wii until I get to the screen where you choose a map to play it lags and is slower 25-35% all until I finish choosing the map I want to play it doesn't lag anymore. Also the slow is steady it doesn't speed up or slow down it just stays at a slower rate.
Oh, so you want to play Zelda: Skyward Sword... That specific game requires a real MotionPlus, which in turn requires a real Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Games that require a Nunchuk but not MotionPlus don't have this problem.

Some menus in Mario Kart Wii are unusually demanding because all of the choices are separate video streams that have to be decoded by the emulated CPU.

If you want to get notified when someone posts in a topic, I think you can use the "Subscribe to this thread" link at the bottom of the thread.

emirix123

(11-24-2016, 05:47 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, so you want to play Zelda: Skyward Sword... That specific game requires a real MotionPlus, which in turn requires a real Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Games that require a Nunchuk but not MotionPlus don't have this problem.

Some menus in Mario Kart Wii are unusually demanding because all of the choices are separate video streams that have to be decoded by the emulated CPU.

If you want to get notified when someone posts in a topic, I think you can use the "Subscribe to this thread" link at the bottom of the thread.
Thanks for the quick support, my last question would be: are you sure or not if the skyward sword will be getting a fix to that problem. Everything else in dolphin looks fine to me and I have 0 complains, you guys are really progressing in the emulators development and thank you for that
There aren't any plans to add MotionPlus emulation right now. I can't say that it never will happen, but many developers are not interested in seeing it in Dolphin. Keep in mind that MotionPlus is very hard to map to any gamepad or other standard controller, so it's possible that the game won't be enjoyably playable even if Dolphin becomes able to emulate MotionPlus.