Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dell 7559 running poorly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sinistrality

Hey, I've been trying to run some games (Hunter: The Reckoning, and Dark Alliance) at 60 FPS in native resolution with no graphic enhancements, however I'm only getting 30-40 in Hunter and 40-50 in Dark Alliance. Other games run pretty terribly as well, Rogue Strike barely hits 25 and Dark Legacy goes from 10-25 (though I hear Dark Legacy is quite hard to run at 60). The specs on this laptop are

i5-6300HQ @ 2.3 GHz
Nvidia GTX960m 4gb vram
8gb DDR3L

I have seen there was a previous topic with the exact same laptop, and followed everything in there as closely as I could. I'm still running quite low, and I'm thinking it's because I'm not running Throttlestop right or something. I'm not able to get the multiplier past 32 for some reason, or enable chipset clock modulation as y'all can see in the screenshot.
Screencaps of all the settings I think are relevant, as well as Throttlestop when I'm running Hunter and Dark Legacy. Please let me know if there's any other information I should of included.
Power Setting is on High Performance.
Try Intel XTU and Directx12 which is way faster than DX11 . Don't run Intel XTU and Thottlestop at the same time though . If you already run throttlestop , you may need to restart your PC and then run Intel XTU
[Image: bd37uuqafhl5wyi6g.jpg]
Also make sure you add Dolphin to Nvidia profile and enable "Maximum performance Nvidia Processor" via Nvidia CP
Don't set the Internal Resolution to Auto, use 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x........
Make sure you also have the latest Nvidia drivers

Sinistrality

I've switched to DX12, and the resolution to native (640x528). My drivers are at 375.70, and I'm unsure of where to find Nvidia profiles, but I'm thinking that may be done already (first picture)? This improved FPS in Hunter to 40-50, Gauntlet remains at 25 fps. I've also downloaded XTU, but the multipliers are grayed out for me. I'm guessing this is my main issue then.
Quote:I've also downloaded XTU, but the multipliers are grayed out for me
I think you should check the bios , Dell must lock it somehow
I always do a clean install to make sure no bloatware that can harm performance
I wouldn't mess with overclocking in a laptop form factor. With those specs you don't need to anyways.

Remove bloatware if you can, check to see if anything is eating CPU or GPU, and if you have any video recording software (shadowplay, OBS), turn it off.

Sinistrality

(11-03-2016, 03:23 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mess with overclocking in a laptop form factor. With those specs you don't need to anyways.

Remove bloatware if you can, check to see if anything is eating CPU or GPU, and if you have any video recording software (shadowplay, OBS), turn it off.

My process list is pretty much clean except for Steam. With just Chrome open, Resource Manager doesn't go over 5% CPU usage for a minute.
But, turns out ever since Geforce went to the 3.0 experience I've had on Shadowplay. Was too stupid and assumed it was still turned off since I had turned it off when I had gotten my laptop and never bothered to check it again.
I have gotten Hunter to run at 60 fps, though it dips to 40 in mass fights. Rogue Strike runs at about 35 fps on the first mission, and Gauntlet has gone up to a steady 28 fps.
Nevermind what I said. I thought your CPU was i7 6700HQ . After checking some info about your CPU
2.8GHz is as high as you can go
Quote:The Intel Core i5-6300HQ is a quad-core processor based on the Skylake architecture, that has been launched in September 2015. In addition to four CPU cores (no Hyper-Threading support) clocked at 2.3 - 3.2 GHz (4 cores: max. 2.8 GHz, 2 cores: max. 3.0 GHz
Though it could be a little bit faster (3.0GHz)
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-...424.0.html

Sinistrality

Alright, so overclocking is a no go then. At any rate, the emulator is more then playable now. Thank you everyone.