Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mayflash Gamecube Adapter not working in Wii U mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

plainsbison

Hi all, I have a four port Mayflash Gamecube controller adapter that I'm trying use in Wii U mode (rather than PC mode) to try to take advantage of whatever pass-through benefits that might entail. The problem though is in Dolphin (both 5.0 and a dev version from today) on Windows 10, the GameCube Adapter for Wii U option tells me "Adapter Not Detected". I have already tried installing it's driver through Zadig, but this has not helped. Any suggestions?
Try running the Zadig program once more? Is it switched to Wii U on the back of the unit?

plainsbison

I'm sorry for the late reply, the holidays tend to be just as busy as school for me. :\ But yes, I have tried the process again and ensured that it was set to Wii U. This has not produced results sadly.
(12-07-2016, 08:17 AM)plainsbison Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry for the late reply, the holidays tend to be just as busy as school for me. :\ But yes, I have tried the process again and ensured that it was set to Wii U. This has not produced results sadly.

did you ever download and update the firmware from mayflash's website?

plainsbison

I researched this, but Mayflash claimed that the particular firmware update was only necessary for a certain feature involving Pokken Tournament. But I will try this and report back.

plainsbison

(12-07-2016, 08:30 AM)Dark tornado Wrote: [ -> ]did you ever download and update the firmware from mayflash's website?

Oh nice, this worked! I guess the driver is simply built for the latest firmware, which makes sense. Thank you for the help!