Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay - Match versions between Linux/Windows/MacOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to netplay on Linux with friends on Windows and MacOS. How can we run the same version of Dolphin? The PPA uses different version numbering than the download list on the website for Windows and MacOS.

The PPA shows this:

dolphin-emu-master 5.0+git+r150~19~ubuntu16.04.1

And the about page in Dolphin just says 5.0-git

How can I find out which version of Dolphin my friends should download?
I think the PPA versions are modified to a degree; you'd have to compile whatever version your friends have (the githash is available on the download page)
(11-02-2016, 09:50 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the PPA versions are modified to a degree; you'd have to compile whatever version your friends have (the githash is available on the download page)

Alright, thank you. Also do you happen to know if I were to run the PPA modified version could my friends run a dolphin build that was released around the same time, built the same day or so? Or do we all need to run the exact same version of Dolphin?
(11-03-2016, 08:20 AM)TheDaftRick Wrote: [ -> ]Also do you happen to know if I were to run the PPA modified version could my friends run a dolphin build that was released around the same time

Possibly, but Dolphin will prevent you from doing this unless the version number that's shown in Dolphin is the exact same for all players.