Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: General Speed/Emulation Issues in Newer SVNs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Dolphin peopleExclamation
First of all, I want to congratulate you on an amazing emulator.
(dunno if this is the right place to put this thread, but whatever Tongue)

However, I've been noticing a bit of an issue. I was just trying to play some Super Mario Sunshine, but in my version of Dolphin (Orlean's build of 4434), it is incredibly slow and there are some emulation issues (such as the slime hurting you even after you spray it). Out of curiosity, I tried running the game in an older build I downloaded (r3309 I believe). I was pleasantly surprised. Instead of around 7 FPS, I was getting around 40. Also, the slime worked fine. The audio didn't work, but that was the only part the newer version had improved upon.
Anyways, my main point is: it kinda seems like although there are some great features in newer versions, such as the frameskipper, watchdog, better game compatibility and much-improved sound; core features such as general emulation and graphics/speed seem to have gotten worse. I'm sure I'm not the first person to point this out, but I just wanted to plead the developers to address this problem if at all possible.

Thanks again!!
Yeah , older versions are faster but buggy. And watchdog is not part of the SVN ( I don't know why )

use "CopyEFB to RAM" in OGL to avoid graphical glitches in SMS
Yeah that helps. thanks!

Is there even an attempt being made to speed this thing back up? Looking at all of the recent revisions, it seems like all the devs are just working on things like sound and other experimental stuff, instead of finding possible speed improvements.
they are working on accuracy right now and to do that you have to sacrifice speed. Once everything is working right then they will work on speed but for now just use an older build if you want speed
sweetness
You did something wrong with settings or something. I get both 40FPS and full sound in last revisions. (OpenGL with copy EFB to RAM for corret mud behaviour)
Hmm, that's odd...
here are my settings:

[Image: 28vq3uv.png]

[Image: x2vz1g.png]

[Image: nqedmt.png]

[Image: 2zh4lmw.png]

Anything I can change to optimize speed?
BTW The sound works fine, it just doesn't work in 3309 which is apparently normal. These are settings for 4434.
Ignore this if that game requires EFB to system ram,
EFB to System Ram is Much slower than efb to gl texture hack
Yeah thats what I've noticed. Its so annoying.
Why do you have "lock thread to cores" disabled???

Also you have to choose between "auto scale" and "native" res ( choose native Tongue )
Pages: 1 2