Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer compatible with this emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jalves

Is my computer compatible with this emu 

Is the dolphin emulator compatible with my computer I'm running a custom made senty desktop with a gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard and 2 4GB hyper x fury ddr3 savage red ram with heat spreaders the processor is a amd FX-8370 eight core processor sped up to 4 Ghz and a ati radeon 3000 chipset Huh
Dolphin Wiki Wrote:Dolphin is a dual core application that relies upon IPC (Instructions Per Clock) for performance. Additional cores will not make Dolphin go any faster, though an "extra" core that Dolphin isn’t using may help slightly by keeping background tasks from using the same cores as Dolphin.

AMD: Due to very low IPC, AMD CPUs are poor choices for Dolphin. The FX8000 line of processors is the best they have, and even then most of those processors will be around half the speed of the 4670K’s performance with Dolphin.
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#which-...ould-i-use
Most games may run at playable speed but demanding will not run well
You may want to do sth about your GPU first , it's too old . ATi HD 3000 is from 2007 , the more recent GPU is AMD HD 7000 series and even so it's still 5 generation behind the current AMD RX 400 series . I'm pretty sure Dolphin won't support old GPU especially old integrated GPU , you may have issue with the graphic (not display correctly)