Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Would it be possible to implemet a triple buffer to exclusive fullscreen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Without triple buffering, I get this stutter every minute or so that would last just as long as when it was running smooth.  This is remedied by enabling triple buffering in my nvidia control panel to run with Dolphin, but I would like to be able to set this in Dolphin without having to rely on my graphics card driver to do it.
You can acitvate triple buffering in the nvidia settings.
Just open the nvidia control panel and look for dolphin.
They just said they want it implemented in Dolphin, and not just in nvidia's CP lol
True. But implementing features in an application, although the root cause is possibly somewhere else, makes no real sense.
This issue sounds like it is related to the power settings in the nvidia control panel.
Disabling the adaptive setting and the stuttering is most likely gone.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...erformance

I had exactly the same issue with vsync.
No, believe it or not I get full speed on my gtx 980ti without having to get max performance. It's the triple buffering that's causing the stuttering. Once triple buffering is enabled, both Dolphin and pcsx2 runs really smooth without having to turn on maximum performance.
Just try it vice versa. ;-)
Try max performance and disable the triple buffering.
It should lead to the same result.