Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL Backend problem with new revisions R9 280x Vapor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

retromaniac

Hello to everybody, this is my first post on the forums but a looooong loooooong falower of Dolphin.
First i have to say thank you so much to all the devs and all the people on the forums Dolphin is amazing and getting better and better thanks to you all guys can´t thank you enough.

OK Dodgy Here comes my question Big Grin

Im having lots of trouble with OpenGL backend since the last revisions, let´s say a week or so everytime i use it dolphin and sometimes my AMD driver crashes taking me to a nice BSOD Sad

At first i thougt it was a driver problem but it´s not!!!!!! sooner revisions do work fine with OpenGL.

Any ideas? i like OpenGL because of the shader suite, wich i can add scanlines and filters this is why.

Thx for your help in advanced.

Edit it happens since 5.0 revision 1127x64
It is actually the AMD driver in most cases because AMD OpenGL driver is way worse than their D3D driver

When you say "sooner revisions do work fine", what are you referring to? Drivers or Dolphin?

retromaniac

(10-25-2016, 02:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It is actually the AMD driver in most cases because AMD OpenGL driver is way worse than their D3D driver

When you say "sooner revisions do work fine", what are you referring to? Drivers or Dolphin?

Hey thx for reply.... Im refering myself to Dolphin, im using a earlier version of Dolphin 5.0 r1117 at the moment and it works fine fine.
I just wondered thats all.

Thank you
Sounds like it might be a problem with the PixelShader Gen merges
There were two bugs in the 1127 merge, but they are fixed now. Do you still have this issue on the newest build?

retromaniac

(10-25-2016, 06:24 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]There were two bugs in the 1127 merge, but they are fixed now. Do you still have this issue on the newest build?

Good Morning Smile  at least here in Spain..... thx for the reply

Yes just testing Dolphin v5.0 revision 1136 and the problem still persist.

All revisions starting from 1117 got the same problem.

I wish i could help Confused

thx
We've disabled Dualsource blend on AMD, should no longer crash.

retromaniac

Good Morning

Works like a charm now thank you very much