Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: op out of
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nielsk

I'm on Ubuntu 16.10 and I tried now from the ppa dolphin-emu, dolphin-emu-master and I built dolphin from source (5.0-1127) but when I start a game I always get errors that look like this:

WriteRest: op out of range (0x4388b0e2 uses 0x55c76b2a50e8)

What might be the problem?

Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro FX 1800
Ubuntu forces PIE in 16.10 and as of right now, Dolphin's JIT breaks on PIE.

This is a known issue and a PR is in the works to force PIE off when compiling.

nielsk

(10-23-2016, 03:28 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu forces PIE in 16.10 and as of right now, Dolphin's JIT breaks on PIE.

This is a known issue and a PR is in the works to force PIE off when compiling.

Thanks a lot. What would be the best/easiest way for me to go forward? Install dolphin-emu-master and wait for the update or follow some github-issue and check-out when there is a fix?
You can either grab the fix directly from https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4365 or wait for that PR to get merged and then update to latest master.
JosJuice, we dropped release builds from buildbot.

Unless they want to run a slow debug build.

You'll either need to use git to clone Fog's branch and compile yourself or wait for the PR to be merged and compile master
(10-24-2016, 02:08 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You'll either need to use git to clone Fog's branch and compile yourself or wait for the PR to be merged and compile master

That's exactly what I meant. (I said grab the fix, not grab a build of the fix.)

nielsk

Thanks. I did the fix and now it works Smile