Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Voices echo and sound off sometimes/greyed out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The voices echo. There is no sound on the same spots every time and when that happens the sound options are greyed out.

Any idea why or how to fix? it's getting annoying.
Looks like you're using an outdated version of Dolphin. We don't support anything older than 5.0. The problems you're encountering are likely from buggy/incomplete audio code found in the older versions. The only thing that will probably fix it is to upgrade Dolphin.

Well, you could use LLE audio, but given your PC's specs, that looks too demanding for your hardware.
(10-23-2016, 03:15 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you're using an outdated version of Dolphin. We don't support anything older than 5.0. The problems you're encountering are likely from buggy/incomplete audio code found in the older versions. The only thing that will probably fix it is to upgrade Dolphin.

Well, you could use LLE audio, but given your PC's specs, that looks too demanding for your hardware.

Thank you!

I downloaded 5.0...and that did fix the sound issue...but it seems I'll have to stick to 3.5 and just deal with the sound. 5.0 made it unplayable...it was so laggy. My comp specs suck...when I bought this computer I was told it'd be good for gaming and 3D stuff...
I think someone overestimated your PC specs when they told you that. The Celeron N2820 is a fairly weak CPU since it's Ultra-Low Voltage. The Intel HD Graphics that come with it are alright, but I'm not sure how well it handles PC gaming (especially more recent titles). At any rate, emulation is a different ballpark from normal PC gaming. Dolphin requires a lot of CPU power first and foremost, while PC games tend to rely on the GPU first and foremost.

We can always help you find new hardware within your budget, if that's something you're interested in (check out the Hardware section). At the very least though, your PC should do fine for a ton of other emulators. I don't think you'd have any trouble running N64, PSX, and even PSP emulators.
In other words, Celerons are not the best for demanding games and apps (like Dolphin).

@Shonumi: Not just the ULV ones will have bad performance, any Celeron out there can be easily outperformed because they´re the weak counterparts of the series they are based on (be it Pentium or Core i3/i5/i7).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron
@DJBarry - Well, the reason why Celerons are weaker is due to their status as ULV CPUs.
(10-23-2016, 11:19 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I think someone overestimated your PC specs when they told you that. The Celeron N2820 is a fairly weak CPU since it's Ultra-Low Voltage. The Intel HD Graphics that come with it are alright, but I'm not sure how well it handles PC gaming (especially more recent titles). At any rate, emulation is a different ballpark from normal PC gaming. Dolphin requires a lot of CPU power first and foremost, while PC games tend to rely on the GPU first and foremost.

We can always help you find new hardware within your budget, if that's something you're interested in (check out the Hardware section). At the very least though, your PC should do fine for a ton of other emulators. I don't think you'd have any trouble running N64, PSX, and even PSP emulators.

I don't know about getting new hardware...just aiming for a new pc soon. 

I think so, too. I am playing a gamecube game. As long as I stick with 3.5, so far the only problem it's giving me is the sound sometimes *knock on wood*. I'm actually quite surprised it has worked this far as an actual PC game wouldn't even start on my computer. Haven't tried N64, PSX or PSP yet. I have tried NDS to no avail...even after removing the second screen, didn't work. PSX I hope that'd work, there's something I've been wanting to try out on it for a long time. What do you think about the original xbox for me? I had one but it was old and used...bought on ebay and after 2-3 months, it sparked.
Original XBOX emulation has not really advanced much over the past decade plus. You can't run many games regardless of how strong your PC is. The emulators just don't have the compatibility yet. XBOX emulation is still very much WIP, even after all this time. It's just a challenging system to work with.
(10-24-2016, 06:11 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Original XBOX emulation has not really advanced much over the past decade plus. You can't run many games regardless of how strong your PC is. The emulators just don't have the compatibility yet. XBOX emulation is still very much WIP, even after all this time. It's just a challenging system to work with.

Understandable...about the WIP for those emulators. I only play one at a time, and have one on my pc at a time. 

Thank you so much for your help!