Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help!!! How to convert Integer to Big Endian to use Cheat Engine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DevilX1

I want to use Cheat Engine with Dolphin and I found this guide video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prIWtYjFdKw. I understand that I must convert number I want to search in Cheat Engine to Big Endian, after that I can modify that number. But I can not find out how to convert my number to Big Endian. Please help me. Thank you very very much Sad

P/S: Is there anyone know how to use Cheat Manager of Dolphin to cheat gold, bexp in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn? thanks Big Grin
Let's say that you have the decimal number 12345678. In hexadecimal, that is BC614E. You most likely want to use this as a 32-bit number, so let's write it as 4 bytes (since 32 bits = 4 bytes): 00 BC 61 4E.

Now that you have a hexadecimal number expressed as bytes, here's how to swapping the endianness, either from little to big or from big to little. Take the number 00 BC 61 4E and write the bytes in the reverse order: 4E 61 BC 00. (Important: Not E4 16 CB 00!) If you wanted the number in hexadecimal, you're done now. Otherwise, you have to convert back to decimal. 4E 61 BC 00 in decimal is 1315027968.

DevilX1

(10-21-2016, 08:11 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Let's say that you have the decimal number 12345678. In hexadecimal, that is BC614E. You most likely want to use this as a 32-bit number, so let's write it as 4 bytes (since 32 bits = 4 bytes): 00 BC 61 4E.

Now that you have a hexadecimal number expressed as bytes, here's how to swapping the endianness, either from little to big or from big to little. Take the number 00 BC 61 4E and write the bytes in the reverse order: 4E 61 BC 00. (Important: Not E4 16 CB 00!) If you wanted the number in hexadecimal, you're done now. Otherwise, you have to convert back to decimal. 4E 61 BC 00 in decimal is 1315027968.

Thank you very much Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin