Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin fails to launch games with JIT and JITIL recompiler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ubuntu 16.10 x64, using open source Mesa drivers (12.0.3 and 12.1-dev)
i7-2600
RX 480
8GB RAM

I've tried installing the game from the Ubuntu Software Center, and the stable and development releases from the ppa:dolphin-emu/ppa repository. The game always fails to start with the JIT and JITIL recompilers, it gives WriteRest: op out of range([string] uses [string]). I can get games to run with the interpreters but they run at snail pace.

Does anyone know a solution? Thanks.
Looks like maintainer of the repository might be compiling Dolphin with a bad flag.

Can you try compiling the latest dev release using the instructions here

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...n_on_Linux
Hi Helios,

I just built it myself, following the instructions from the Dolphin guide. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the same issue. Terminal output is

Quote:matthew@matthewPC:~/dolphin-emu/Build$ dolphin-emu

20:09:31: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatible with 2.8),
and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1010,wx containers,compatible with 2.8).
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
The segmentation fault only comes after clicking through all the WriteRest errors.

EDIT: the Arch wiki says that adding '"-fno-pie" to "CXX_FLAGS" when building Dolphin.' may resolve my issue. Would typing "CXX_FLAGS=-fno-pie cmake .." in terminal accomplish this? I am not very experienced with compiling. Thanks.
Try my AppImages, they already contain the libraries needed for running Dolphin.

but remember it's unofficial
Looks like Ubuntu forces PIE in 16.10. Dolphin breaks on PIE.

Yeah, try compiling without PIE
(10-18-2016, 09:13 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Try my AppImages, they already contain the libraries needed for running Dolphin.

but remember it's unofficial

Your AppImage works with the JIT compiler, thanks! However, with it I cannot access my Wii U GC adapter, or my keyboard - it only picks up my mouse and PS4 controller. Libusb issue?

Also I tried compiling Dolphin with the aforementioned flag and it still does not work.
(10-19-2016, 05:49 AM)xicronic Wrote: [ -> ]Your AppImage works with the JIT compiler, thanks! However, with it I cannot access my Wii U GC adapter, or my keyboard - it only picks up my mouse and PS4 controller. Libusb issue?

Also I tried compiling Dolphin with the aforementioned flag and it still does not work.
You probably didn't install the udev rule

See https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...in_Dolphin

EDIT: It cannot be libusb, as that's an External in the Source. It gets build anyway, you don't even need to have the package installed.
See https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4150
(10-19-2016, 04:31 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]You probably didn't install the udev rule

Ah, you're right. I made it in [color=#252525]/etc/udev/rules.d/51-gcadapter.rules but it needed it in [color=#252525]/lib/udev/rules.d/51-gcadapter.rules.[/color][/color]