Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Viewtiful Joe 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Viewtiful Joe 2 (NTSC)

Gamespot
Cheesy dialogue and happy endings are in trouble once again, and who better to come to the rescue than that high-flying cinematic hero, Viewtiful Joe? Last year, Capcom brought wildly original side-scrolling action to the GameCube with its innovative platformer of the same name. This year, the aptly titled Viewtiful Joe 2 delivers more, more, more of what made the first game superb.
[Image: 920421_front.jpg]

Dolphin 4397 Settings

[attachment=1433]

Problems with Game

Open Gl is graphically broken. With options on to show errors, no error was identified. Log files also seems clean when using open gl but graphically its broken. Refer to attached image for example. Textures for characters are broken when using Open Gl. Works fine in direct x though. Neither direct x nor open gl plays the videos though sound for videos can be heard. In game graphics videos work. Normal memory saves work and game runs at 60 fps.
[attachment=1434]

Dolphin 4397 Gameplay Video
Viewtiful Joe 2 Gameplay Video
Hey just wondering has anyone had any luck with this? I only get black screens when trying to play but I can still navigate menus.
Sorry for Necro bump but I want to play this amazing game.
(07-15-2011, 07:02 AM)supercalleh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey just wondering has anyone had any luck with this? I only get black screens when trying to play but I can still navigate menus.

Which revision did you use? what are your specs?
Try "XFB"
(07-15-2011, 07:12 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2011, 07:02 AM)supercalleh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey just wondering has anyone had any luck with this? I only get black screens when trying to play but I can still navigate menus.

I'm on the most current revision I think, 7671?

Laptop
Windows 7 64-bit
i5-2140M CPU @ 2.30 Ghz
4GB Ram
Geforce GT 540M

(07-15-2011, 07:47 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Try "XFB"
This right?
[Video_Settings]
UseXFB = True
UseRealXFB = True
(07-15-2011, 08:13 AM)supercalleh Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2011, 07:12 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm on the most current revision I think, 7671?

Laptop
Windows 7 64-bit
i5-2140M CPU @ 2.30 Ghz
4GB Ram
Geforce GT 540M

(07-15-2011, 07:47 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Try "XFB"
This right?
[Video_Settings]
UseXFB = True
UseRealXFB = True

Try on 3.0 or older revision...
Hey I got it working again but now the text and junk are all jaggy compared to how smooth they were in the REV I was using, my other games work fine and look great its just both Viewtiful Joe games that are looking bad.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2d0m8f7.png
Is what the menu looks like.

Halp? Cheers Big Grin
Hey there's no need to enable XFB in revision 204 of dolphin 3.0
All 3 Viewtiful Joe games run fine without it.