Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: bad framerate on good pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

djowii

Hi.

I've downloaded Dolphin (v4.0.2) but I'm getting a really bad framerate when trying to run games. The roms I'm using work fine on my friend's PC. I've tried almost all different settings but it doesn't change much. My laptop is pretty good, at least way better than my friend's, so I have really no idea why it doesn't work.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Nvidia Quadro K1100M
Memory/RAM: 8GB RAM
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0.2

Current settings:
config:
activate dual core on
activate idle skipping on
framelimit auto
JIT Recompiler
Sound: DSP HLE emulation
Gamecube: skip bios

Graphics settings:
I tried direct3D9, 3D11 and OpenGL
internal resolution: 1x Native
AA: no
AF: 1x
scaled EFB copy on
skip EFB access of the CPU
EFB regio copy: switched off
openMP texture: on
fast depth calculation: on

With this I get like around 30 FPS.. the weird thing is, if I look into my Task manager the CPU, and the CPU only runs at 10-20%... and stays at 800 MHz, see pics. Does anyone know how to solve this? Memory loads up until 4GB, but the CPU just keeps low usage.
We no longer support 4.0.2 , it was released almost 3 years ago. Please use Dolphin 5.0
You need to force maximum GPU and CPU speed . Here is how to do that :
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should

djowii

(10-13-2016, 02:29 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]We no longer support 4.0.2 , it was released almost 3 years ago. Please use Dolphin 5.0 You need to force maximum GPU and CPU speed . Here is how to do that : https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should

Thanks! omg, the battery saving setting messed me up the entire time! Do you know if Project M works with 5.0?
(10-13-2016, 04:43 PM)djowii Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if Project M works with 5.0?

Yes, it does.