Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone able to get full speed anymore on the rogue squadron games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the merge with dynamic BAT, I no longer can maintain full speed even in the Hoth level of Rogue Leader.  I was just wondering if anyone can get full speed in these games after the merge and if you can, I would like to know what CPU and GPU are being used.  Thank you
I'd say right now it's not possible, check this post from IceStrike256 on the Rebel Strike thread.

(10-11-2016, 06:04 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the newest builds even kicked me outta 100% full speed gameplay Sad
Same issue, tried running the Deutsch version a couple of days ago and once I launched a level it very quickly dropped from 100% emulation to an average of 53% in both cut-scenes and gameplay, whether I ran it at in 50Hz or 60Hz mode made no difference in gameplay, however menu animations ran at about 85-90% in 50Hz mode and 75% in 60Hz mode.
The MMU slowdown is fixable afaik. It's about 16 - 33% depending on scene; which is sizable. Again, feel free to use older builds if you desire performance over accuracy on the games until the performance is restored.
Same here, only running a GTX750ti and i5 6600k but struggle to get anything decent on the Hoth level. Shame as the game does look great when it's running properly! Hopefully one day this will run at a smooth 60fps cause it's one of my favourite of all time.
We "just" need someone to look at the performance regression Wink

By the way, if you need faster RS emulation, I'd vote for fixing HLE first Tongue
I agree with degasus. Fixing HLE audio will be the most substantial speed increase with the RS games. Unfortunately, yeah. If you want to play RS games, I simply recommend using older builds for now. Fixing HLE properly is not an easy task by any means.

For once, stable version is actually doing it's job, which is incredible. Tongue