Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker slowdowns and D3D not working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mrcod

Hey guys, this is my first time using Dolphin. First I'm using build "Dolphin SVN R 3972." So what's happening is that Wind Waker is slowing down a lot for me but I don't see why. My hardware should certainly be capable of running this no problem. My best guess is that it's because I'm using OpenGL but I don't have a choice. I'm using the OpenGL plug-in because D3D just freezes shortly after I launch a game (when the yellow text is still there). My system specs:

AMD Phenom II X3 720
XFX Radeon 4890
4GB Corsair DDR3-1600
SoundBlaster X-Fi

I have the latest DirectX 10 and am using the latest Catalyst driver (9.9).
If your problem with wind waker is that it freezes in the intro, you just have to wait until the music stops(sometimes activating all the options in the DSP works), second, Use the latest build, because that one you are using is too old and third update your Dx9(maybe?)

Im running wind waker just fine with Dx9

Mrcod

(10-17-2009, 04:55 AM)naroth Wrote: [ -> ]If your problem with wind waker is that it freezes in the intro, you just have to wait until the music stops(sometimes activating all the options in the DSP works), second, Use the latest build, because that one you are using is too old

Thanks for the quick response! I'll give these a shot.
dx was broken in that build thats why it wasn't working

Mrcod

Yep you guys are right, now it runs 1600x900 without a hitch. Thanks a lot!
yeah! good for you man, good luck