Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Remake: Ladder Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SnoopKatt

Hello,
When I'm at this ladder in the game (revision 4389 IL), I cannot climb it for some reason. I've tried all of the different settings, I've tried the regular Dolphin instead, and nothing is working. I tried using a different revision, but the save states from this emulator won't load in the other revisions, and I cannot save at this point, so it would be extremely frustrating to have to start from my last save spot. Otherwise, the game has been working quite well, and this is the first significant problem I've ran into. Has anyone else had this problem? Would anyone happen to know how to get around it?
Thanks for any help!
Just a thought, but do you have a "Widescreen" or other non-native screen resolution set?
I found that in the RE games on Dolphin, if I used a non-native resolution, often times it would have the character you control in-game a bit out-of-place in relation to any object or area that you try to interact with. So in fact, it may "appear" that you are standing directly in front of the ladder, when in fact you may be fairly off to left or right to one side. In these RE games, often it's fussy to find just-the-right-exact-spot before you're able to interact with something.

I had a similar problem before as you described playing the RE games on Dolphin.. several doors, objects and such, I would have difficulty interacting with. Like "I'm standing right in front of this door, why can't I open it?", or "Why does it looks like my character is walking right through that object?". Then changing to Native resolution (or 2x seems to work ok too), and clearing any aspect-ratios settings, put things back into proper perspective and alignment and it was then much easier to interact with things again.

Don't know if that's the same problem you're having, but it's something to check.
Good luck.

SnoopKatt

Thanks for the quick response!
Yeah, it's so picky about the position for interaction...I thought I remembered something about my original GC disc of this having the same problem too, but I got around it somehow. But yeah, I tried it with 100% native resolutions, and I've pressed A on just about everywhere in the room. Everything else around it works 100% though...
Bummer. It's been a while since I played through fully REmake with Dolphin (I just recently played through RE0 completely though without any real problems, and am currently in the early stages of playing REmake now), so I sort of forget or not remember the specific place you're showing the the screen-shot, but perhaps there's an alternative path that you can take to continue? I'll have to fire-up REmake again in Dolphin soon and give it a good play-through and see if I encounter the same problem.

Also, you're playing Jill's chracter? Maybe playing through with Chris's character you might not have that problem or a different way to go? Of course it would suck to have to replay the whole game over again from beginning just to test that one spot.

PS: Just another thought: I assume you're using the DirectX plugin with REmake game? Maybe temporarily switch over to OpenGL plugin enough to see if you can bypass that ladder problem (though for me playing REmake with OpenGL, the graphics are mostly screwed). If for some chance it does work, then you could make a save and then switch back to DirectX plugin again.

SnoopKatt

OK, I fixed it!
I found a save state I had that was close to a nearby typewriter, so I saved using that. Then I found the memory card file and dragged that over to a newer revision (4429). I had to play through a good amount to get to that one spot, but it worked fine when I got there! Either that version had a glitch or maybe something went wrong in the save state?
Either way I'm happy! Either way, thanks for the advice!
Ok, that's good news ya got past that problem.
Yeah, I do find with Dolphin that using Save States will occasionally screw something up in the game.

I would usually tend to load in a game from the "memory card" rather than a save-state when playing the RE games on Dolphin (or most any game for that matter), and that seemed to help insure that all of the required things the game needed loaded or in memory to run the game properly was there (sounds, graphics, characters, etc..).

Rather than relying too much on save-states, I guess you'll need to try to also use the old in-game method of juggling-ink-ribbons and backtracking to find a typewriter with the RE games. Then only use save-states sparingly before or after completing somewhat tuff or important parts of the game, or after making a lot of progress without having yet found a new in-game save-point, but then save again to the memory-card once you have the chance.

Cheers! Smile

Metsom

Guys,can you help me? i have te resident evil remake for the dolphin, i allready have beatten the game,it´s awsome.
Can you tell me were can i find a save game with all cheats and stuff like that?
Sorry my english, i´m portuguese Big Grin
Thank´s