Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using a mouse as a directional axis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Weilii

Sorry if this has been asked before but I searched the forums and found nothing. The word 'mouse' didnt even give a result.

I was wondering if it was possible to setup a computer mouse to act as one of the directional buttons. I was thinking the C button. I didnt see anyway to do it under the gamepad menu but Im really new to this.

Edit: Also, I would like to be able to use the mouse buttons as well but I dont see a way to do that either.

cmccmc

this is currently not possible even though it would be fairly easy to implement. The developers probably wont think enough people want it to bother wasting there time on it.

Weilii

(04-07-2009, 12:17 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]this is currently not possible even though it would be fairly easy to implement. The developers probably wont think enough people want it to bother wasting there time on it.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I got to man up and buy a controller.

Any suggestions? Going for fairly cheap but still works well with any GCN game.
Actually, you can do it (on any OS Vista and down) using GlovePIE and PPJoy, although you'll be doing a bit of hand-scripting. Basically, you map the mouse's relative position in GlovePIE to an emulated analog joystick in PPJoy, and Dolphin should be able to pick that up and use it. But no, there's no way for just Dolphin alone to do it. I assume you're trying to get "proper" FPS controls in Metroid Prime or something?

-gamefreak

Weilii

(04-07-2009, 02:14 PM)thegamefreak0134 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, you can do it (on any OS Vista and down) using GlovePIE and PPJoy, although you'll be doing a bit of hand-scripting. Basically, you map the mouse's relative position in GlovePIE to an emulated analog joystick in PPJoy, and Dolphin should be able to pick that up and use it. But no, there's no way for just Dolphin alone to do it. I assume you're trying to get "proper" FPS controls in Metroid Prime or something?

-gamefreak

Oh nice, thanks for the info, Ill definitely look into that.

Yea, Im a pc gamer at heart and a keyboard/mouse layout has always made more sense to me than any controller has. I think the k/m input would work great for games like Metroid and even Zelda.

Also, I find it hard to believe that more people would not want to be able to use this layout. Being that Dolphin is on the PC platform and sort of requiring a gaming PC to run. Plus, you dont have to shell out extra dough for a controller if you dont have one! Big Grin
You could get Metroid Prime New Play Control... then just use wiimote with mouse. Haven't seen the game where I live yet but I actually consider it just for Dolphin... I have the GC version already of course.