Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So i am trying out this new Passthrough thing, and i kinda got it working.

However, i always have to press the red sync button on my wiimote and then sync via Dolphin every time i start a game.
Shoudln't it remember the pairing so i can just press some buttons on the wiimote for it to re-connect?

Also, for some reason i can't change some settings on Dolphin, like IR Sensitivity etc, it doesn't save.
Some bluetooth units don't support saving Wiimote pairs. The quality of bluetooth greatly affects how good it works.

Nevertheless, there is a fallback for pairing Wiimotes in the Wii sysconf file. Not sure why that's not working.
I see, hmm, well i have no idea how good my bluetooth thing is.
I am using the libusb-win32 driver to make it work for Dolphin, the other Could work, but it to soooo many tries each time to get it connected.

Well, normal Emulated Bluetooth works fine in that regard, i just smash some buttons and it will auto connect to bluetooth and then Dolphin will detect it.
My workaround was for writing link keys again after an adapter reset (because some adapters forget the keys after a reset), but this of course still requires a decent adapter that doesn't refuse to write anything. And bad luck, some adapters just don't support writing any link keys to them :/

With emulated BT on Windows, the OS is responsible for establishing the connection and managing the pairings, not Wii games, so it works completely differently. Wii games require the adapter to remember stored link keys.
Hmm, but wait, how do i know if my Bluetooth can handle it?
I would like a high quality bluetooth, but there is like no information on them, it's just the versions basically, i didn't know they acted differently.

EDIT:

And wait, how do you mean write link keys again?

It would be fine for myself if i could just smash the buttons and click Sync.
But it sucks that i have to press the red button, as you need to remove the rubber and cover everytimeTongue
Even versions are not a foolproof way to check how well a Bluetooth adapter works with it. I guess there's no other way to know than trying it.
I see, well that's bad, as buying randomly and hoping for the best isn't really a viable way to goSad
But can't the Emulator do some cache thing like i guess Windows does for Bluetooth pairs?
There will likely be a list of BT adapters, but that isn't available yet.

Because there's already a workaround for link keys, I'm relunctant to add yet another workaround as it would further complicate the implementation and it may not even be enough to get such adapters working :/
Games expect the adapter to work in a certain way (in this case: link keys being really written on the adapter) and the alternative workaround would have to change a lot of other things. It's simply not worth it imo.

(Also, the problems that Windows and Dolphin face are different. Windows can do "everything" it wants, since Dolphin (and therefore the game) never sees the details; but in passthrough, basically everything Dolphin does is seen by the game.)
Ah, well will be nice to have such a listSmile

I see, well then there is not any worth in doing it, too much pain for little to no gain.

Btw, what is the main points of Passthrough compared to Windows?
I read around and got that it seems to allow Speakers (which i guess not always works or something), and lower latency.

I don't notice any latency difference though, or performance really when testing it, can't say about the speaker, i know it worked on Mario Galaxy though,
but personally i don't care about that feature as i wear headphones so i rather have it play through the speakers if possible.
It simply works as it does on the Wii. This is the main point of BT passthrough mode. However, it will likely only work 100% perfectly with a Wii Bluetooth module; though with some compromises (such as connecting 4 Wiimotes being a bit more difficult), a decent adapter will also work.

Taken from the PR description:
- Pairing and reconnecting Wiimotes on button press (really pairing to the Wii, not Windows)
- Letting the emulated software really disconnect Wiimotes
- Reconnecting Wiimotes after e.g. an ES_Launch (depending on the adapter)
- Wiimote audio with all Wiimotes, -TR or non -TR
- Third-party Wiimote support just like on the Wii, even on Windows
- Generally improved Wiimote input, especially with a Motion+

Also fixes issues that currently exist with Real Wiimotes, such as issue 5352 (bowling controls), 9592 (Motion+ not being detected)

It really does need a good adapter to work great though, even more so than in emulated BT.

TL;DR: anything that works on a Wii will also now work completely the same with Dolphin, provided a good enough adapter.
Pages: 1 2 3