Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Directx 12 cause a glitched line in my Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Destiny108

Not just Zelda. I tested every game, same problem with DirectX 12. Upper horizontal line stays bugged.

[Image: Aa2CBIf.jpg]

Tell me how to fix. And I also want to know why this particular visual artifact happens.
This bug also happens with my GeForce 940M. OGL and DX11 are fine.
I'm interested if someone manages to find the cause.

Destiny108

Bumping in the hope of answers.
your gpu isn't really d3d12 compatible. you need gtx 9xx or higher.
I believe the 750 and 750ti also support it, but I'm not sure about 8xxm.
Yeap, I have a 750 and it supports it  Smile

Destiny108

Ah ok thanks a lot for coming up with the answers for this guys.

alitanet

I have the same problem ,my graphics card is a nvidia gtx 960m ,if I use directx 11 or open gl the problem dissapears
AFAIK the current NVIDIA drivers are having issues with Dolphin's DX12 and Vulkan backend. As said in the last progress report, the last known working drivers were 368.xxx, try downgrading to that...

(10-07-2016, 07:45 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]your gpu isn't really d3d12 compatible.   you need gtx 9xx or higher.

Wrong, that GPU is DX12 capable, otherwise Dolphin wouldn't even boot any game with the DX12 backend selected. Right now any NVIDIA GPU based on Kepler or released after that has DX12 support (that includes most of GT/GTX 600 cards and all GT/GTX 700 and newer lineup). NVIDIA also promised DX12 support for Fermi GPUs (400 and 500 series) but all we got until now was a WDDM 2.0 compliant driver (still stuck to DX11, though) and an eternal limbo (neither a concrete release date or an official confirmation that Fermi got dropped and won't get DX12 support at all, but given the age of those cards I would bet on the later)
The NVIDIA Vulkan driver was fixed very recently (source: IRC) Smile
Pages: 1 2