Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any Possibility for a PS Vita release?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BigMoney_D

I'm sure it is strong enough to run it... Just need them to port it over, right?

(I have absolutely 0 idea on how Emulators are made and ported over... sorry is this is a stupid question)

Obviously it would require some work to be done, but would even be possible?
(10-05-2016, 10:21 AM)BigMoney_D Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it is strong enough to run it

Not even close.
(10-05-2016, 10:21 AM)BigMoney_D Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it is strong enough to run it... Just need them to port it over, right?

(I have absolutely 0 idea on how Emulators are made and ported over... sorry is this is a stupid question)

Obviously it would require some work to be done, but would even be possible?

To expand on what Helios said, the PS Vita has an old ARM quad core processor, the Cortex A9.
THat's a 32bit processor, which means dolphin won't run on it very well in the first place, and then it's no where near as powerful as desktop CPU's, and you need a relatively recent Intel somewhere above 2.5-3 Ghz to play a decent number of games at full speed.
So even if they did port it, expect maybe one frame every 10 seconds. Even way more powerful and modern Android phones have issues running dolphin.
Yeah , even the newer processor : snapdragon 810 (ARMv8-A Cortex-A57) that I have on my Sony Z4 doesn't run any game at playable speed