Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Outdated texture problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Arcadenblog

Okay, so I'm trying to use this texture pack for Paper Mario: TTYD. Now here's the thing. Dolphin used to dump textures as [gameID]_XXXXXXXXXX, and now, with the later versions, it dumps as [Texture dimensions]_XXXXXXXXX. The version I'm using doesn't load the [GameID] textures.
The texture pack needs to be updated to work with recent versions, since the naming scheme has changed (and it's been changed for a long time; so your pack is likely very outdated). I think there's an option you can enable to have Dolphin rename your textures automatically (please correct me if I'm wrong).
There is: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...tures-info (Maybe this needs a update for the other backends)

Short: Set ConvertHiresTextures in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config\gfx_*.ini to True. Put the textures to the normal place (Load\GameID\*) and play the game while dolphin converts it in the background.

BTW, it seems like it is an old pack; are you sure there is a more recent one?

Arcadenblog

(10-02-2016, 06:12 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]There is: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...tures-info (Maybe this needs a update for the other backends)

Short: Set ConvertHiresTextures in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config\gfx_*.ini to True. Put the textures to the normal place (Load\GameID\*) and play the game while dolphin converts it in the background.

BTW, it seems like it is an old pack; are you sure there is a more recent one?

I can't really find a newer version anywhere. Also, I did the converthirestextures thing you told me about, and it's not working. Do I have to wait for the textures to convert?
(10-02-2016, 06:12 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]There is: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...tures-info (Maybe this needs a update for the other backends)
Good call, it definitely needs an update now that all backends share the unified "GFX.ini".

(10-02-2016, 05:48 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]The texture pack needs to be updated to work with recent versions, since the naming scheme has changed (and it's been changed for a long time; so your pack is likely very outdated).
I'm pretty sure backwards compatibility still exists. I remember degasus saying long ago it wasn't going to be removed until sometime after 5.0.

(10-02-2016, 04:42 AM)Arcadenblog Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I'm trying to use this texture pack for Paper Mario: TTYD. Now here's the thing. Dolphin used to dump textures as [gameID]_XXXXXXXXXX, and now, with the later versions, it dumps as [Texture dimensions]_XXXXXXXXX. The version I'm using doesn't load the [GameID] textures.
What Paper Mario pack? The one here on the forums is using the new format, unless you are using an alternate one. In any case, with the old format the texture cache accuracy has to match whatever the textures were dumped with. If you are using Fast, try Safe. If you are using Safe, try Fast. I don't think it was common for pack creators to use the middle setting, but if neither of those work its worth a try.

When the textures actually load, and ConvertHiresTextures is true in GFX.ini, then they should be updated to the new format. When all of them are updated, texture cache accuracy will no longer matter.