Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dumping games through Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im gonna do the homebrew method of ripping my re4 discs, but I need to know, does the latest nintendo wii system update completely break all homebrew channel functions, or does it still work?
All wii system software versions are fully functional with homebrew.
(09-23-2016, 04:46 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]All wii system software versions are fully functional with homebrew.

I'm not sure if the very oldest ones are fully functional, but either way, the most recent version and many other versions work fine.
it worked, homebrew channel is installed

as I got cleanrip working, what could I do if I had bootmii installed, as I only really need my wii to dump games
(09-23-2016, 06:00 AM)oldbutgold10 Wrote: [ -> ]it worked, homebrew channel is installed

as I got cleanrip working, what could I do if I had bootmii installed, as I only really need my wii to dump games

With Bootmii you can dump your nand and then import it in Dolphin. That would allow you to play all the VC and Wiiware titles that you bought.
VC is virtual console, right?

to be honest, I don't see myself ever playing wiiware titles or vc games in dolphin, so I guess ill never need bootmii
also, how do I change settings in cleanrip; it says that its a generally good idea to set chunk size to max...........how do

also, running cleanrip now on re4 disc#1, and besides a hiccup with the .dat files, nothing seems to be amiss
got re4 discs 1 and 2, super mario sunshine, freestyle, and namcomuseum