Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wi-Fi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The networking guide from the official wiki is impossible to complete since it appears that the NUS downloader has been discontinued. Check for yourself. Also, the wii channels required the NUS downloader, thankfully i fount a different source but it only has the system menu and the mii channel. Anyone has any ideas how to solve this problem? Maybe make a version of dolphin that doesn't need the things from the networking guide to connect to the internet?
NUS Downloader isn't updated since 2011 but still works fine. It's just the link that was broken due Google Code shutdown, but I found an alternate URL which works (if you check the guide now, it'll download fine).

(09-22-2016, 11:43 PM)SilverTheGamer Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe make a version of dolphin that doesn't need the things from the networking guide to connect to the internet?
That's not possible. Due legal issues, the certificates cannot be bundled with Dolphin, just like the ISOs, DSP and IPL ROMs, so the user needs to dump those themselves.
(09-23-2016, 04:41 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]That's not possible. Due legal issues, the certificates cannot be bundled with Dolphin, just like the ISOs, DSP and IPL ROMs, so the user needs to dump those themselves.

But including an equivalent of NUS Downloader wouldn't have that problem, right?
I honestly have no idea, but that's probably correct...
Oh. So what's the URL?
(09-23-2016, 09:45 PM)SilverTheGamer Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. So what's the URL?

What kind of url are you asking for? Do you need to download a specific title via NUS Downloader? Then you just need to insert the title id there, and it does the rest for you.
(09-23-2016, 11:51 PM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of url are you asking for? Do you need to download a specific title via NUS Downloader? Then you just need to insert the title id there, and it does the rest for you.

The URL to NUS Downloader.

Like Jhonn said, the guide has been updated with the new URL, so just check the guide again.
(09-24-2016, 01:13 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The URL to NUS Downloader.

Like Jhonn said, the guide has been updated with the new URL, so just check the guide again.

OK, it's there again. Thank god!