Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 Netplay??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Smile
i need some helps to play online with Mario Kart. I have Dolphin v. 5.0, but i don't know how i can do it. Thank u !!
(09-21-2016, 12:19 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]This should help you out.
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/

Thanks, but it is about version 4.0 Sad
Honestly it hasn't changed much. Make sure you and your friends have the exact same version of dolphin and have the same SD card/ Memory card plugged in (Or not plugged in at all). Other than that you can just follow the settings listed in the guide.
(09-21-2016, 12:37 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly it hasn't changed much. Make sure you and your friends have the exact same version of dolphin and have the same SD card/ Memory card plugged in (Or not plugged in at all). Other than that you can just follow the settings listed in the guide.

We have the same version and memory card. we can connect , but the game gives me connection error.
I think the game looks for a server... but it
does not work. Sad
Are you using traversal connection?
You and your friend should verify the md5 of your games and make sure they are the same. If they aren't there will be problems playing.
Also try connecting with neither of you having a memory card to see if that works.
Do you have an screenshots you could post? What errors are you getting?
(09-21-2016, 01:00 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using traversal connection?
You and your friend should verify the md5 of your games and make sure they are the same. If they aren't there will be problems playing.
Also try connecting with neither of you having a memory card to see if that works.
Do you have an screenshots you could post? What errors are you getting?

Yes, we use traversal connection.
In fact I can see the cursor of my friend in the game.
But I did not understand well how it works.
To play with him , I have to click on "multiplayer" or "Nintendo WFC"?
Now i have understand Big Grin But it's a new problems. FPs are very low, 10/20 maybe... What can i do?
Make sure you are on the latest version of dolphin. Turn down your enhancements.
Other than that you will have to adjust your pad buffer. Take the total latency of everyone in your group, divide that by 15 then add one. Set that as your pad buffer.
For example if Friend a has a 25ms of latency, and friend b has 5ms of latency and friend c has 75ms of latency, your bad buffer should be 11. (25+50+75 = 150, 150/15 = 10, 10 +1 = 11)
(09-21-2016, 02:21 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you are on the latest version of dolphin. Turn down your enhancements.
Other than that you will have to adjust your pad buffer. Take the total latency of everyone in your group, divide that by 15 then add one. Set that as your pad buffer.
For example if Friend a has a 25ms of latency, and friend b has 5ms of latency and friend  c has 75ms of latency, your bad buffer should be 11. (25+50+75 = 150, 150/15 = 10, 10 +1 = 11)

Thanks for help Big Grin But my friend has unstable ping Sad
Pages: 1 2