Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird Problem With SD.RAW?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to get my Replays in Brawl on my Wii to play in Dolphin.

I have put them in SD.Raw with Winimage, you would think that would work but this is what happens.

I go in my Replays in game and nothing is there, so I thought maybe I put them in wrong location, so to check what the right location is I get one of the default Replays that comes with the game and Copy it to the SD.RAW.
I go and look in Winimage where it showed up and it's in the same spot with my other replays but Dolphin doesn't read them?

What exactly is the problem?

Using SVN 4418.
While I'm too lazy to confirm your problem, I can advice you too dump your SSBB save, you need the app "Savegame Extractor" since the save is copy protected. Get it from wiibrew or the homebrew browser. With this I got all photos and replays from my wii save.
Save your replays and custom stages to your Wii Console and dump the save using the mentioned application "Savegame Extractor".
Thanks for replies but the reason I wanted to do it trough the SD.raw method is because not all of them can fit on my Wii's Memory, so if I did it like that I would have to miss out some of my files. =S

EDIT: Actually I might delete some stuff off and see if it fits...
how to use savegame extractor when i click it on homebrew channel and then there you press a to continue and b to go to wii menu when i press it doesnt work i press alt+F5 to connect the wiimote but it doesnt work too i cant press anything

jackharvest

(10-17-2009, 08:38 AM)XSFOX Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replies but the reason I wanted to do it trough the SD.raw method is because not all of them can fit on my Wii's Memory, so if I did it like that I would have to miss out some of my files. =S

Agreed. I went through the savemanager method first, and it didn't bring any replays over for some reason. I must be doing something incorrectly, because everything is successfully placed right where it's supposed to be inside of SD.raw after using winimage.

This would be capital badass if someone would take 3 seconds, and see what we're doing wrong.
some people reported that winimage writes some files incorrectly. Try using gizmo http://arainia.com/software/gizmo/download.html to mount and write to the image (remember to unmount when you want dolphin to use the file). It's worked fine for me, but I haven't really tested a broad spectrum of games.

DreamCreator

I tried using gizmo to mount the sd.raw file and then i put the replay bin files into the folder where they're supposed to go. But when i tried loading up the replays in dolphin, the replay data was corrupted