Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: System specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

unhappylotus1990

Im running dolphin 5.0 during menus my fps stays around 27-30,but during gameplay it drops below 20 fps causing gameplay to slowdown.im trying to find out what specs on my computer could possibly be causing the problem.Or if i just need a new computer all together.

Operating system:Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit(6.1,build 7601)
System model:Toshiba Satellite L455
BIOS:Version 1.00PARTTBL
Processor:Intel®Celeron® CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz,~2.2GHz
Memory:3072MB RAM

Device:Mobile Intel®45 Express Chipset Family
Chip Type:Mobile Intel®4 Series Express Chipset Family

My settings on Dolphin 5.0 are default.For my backend im using Direct3d 11.

Any advice on this matter would be helpful seeing as ive searched around for a solution but have failed.

Thanks.
It's your CPU. It's old and slow, which is where your slowdown comes from. You'll need a new motherboard and CPU, possibly new RAM, and can probably keep your hard drive. Since you don't mention a GPU, I can't say anything about that.

unhappylotus1990

My GPU is Mobile Intel®45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1
Also thank you for the quick reply much appreciated.
Quote:Toshiba Satellite L455
It's a laptop, so yeah, you now will need a new PC (a gaming PC/ laptop)
Quote:IntelĀ®45 Express Chipset Family
That Intel iGPU is no longer supported , it's a miracle that Dolphin can run on that laptop
If you want 99% games to run full speed on a laptop , you'll need to spend at least $800 for a gaming laptop like Dell 7559 (Quad Core i5 6300HQ + Nvidia GTX 960M)

unhappylotus1990

Looks like im just gonna have to invest in a better computer.Thanks for the advice.
Just so you keep this in mind, Celerons were (and are not) made for gaming.