Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Motion Plus problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lanford

Hi, i got a real Wii motion plus and nunchuck connected to my Windows 10 x64 via bluetooth usb dongle. It was connected and all the button in motion plus and Nunchuck work with Dolphin. However, Dolphin cannot track the motion of Wii motion plus so in many games that require i to move the motion plus, it won't work (e.g: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Fragline Dream, Super Mario Galaxy etc). DO i must buy some other device to track the motion or do something with Dolphin?
Do you mean the motion plus add on for old model Wiimote ?
[Image: Wii_motion_plus_-_Motion_plus_lisaeosa_Valkoinen.jpg]

not the new Wiimote Plus (built-in motion plus )

Quote:fragile dreams, Super Mario Galaxy
Afaik , these games don't require motion plus . Zelda SS does though

lanford

(09-16-2016, 02:18 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean the motion plus add on for old model Wiimote ?

not the new Wiimote Plus (built-in motion plus )

Afaik , these games don't require motion plus . Zelda SS does though

Mine is a built-in motion plus
Is it the original Wiimote from Nintendo (Nintendo Seal Of Quality) ? Only original Wiimotes work with Dolphin . 3rd party wiimote are troublesome , most of them don't work
btw you will need a sensor bar to calibrate the wiimote if you don't have one right now
Are you sure that the problem is with MotionPlus, not the IR pointer? To test, press the Home button and try moving the Wii Remote around on the Home Menu. If you don't see a pointer on the screen, the IR pointer is the problem.

lanford

(09-16-2016, 03:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it the original Wiimote  from Nintendo (Nintendo Seal Of Quality) ? Only original Wiimotes work with Dolphin . 3rd party wiimote are troublesome , most of them don't work
btw you will need a sensor bar to calibrate the wiimote if you don't have one right now
Yes it's from Nintendo but do i really have to buy a sensor bar?

(09-16-2016, 04:00 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that the problem is with MotionPlus, not the IR pointer? To test, press the Home button and try moving the Wii Remote around on the Home Menu. If you don't see a pointer on the screen, the IR pointer is the problem.

OMG, there're no IR pointer. How to fix it?
(09-16-2016, 04:32 PM)lanford Wrote: [ -> ]OMG, there're no IR pointer. How to fix it?

You need a sensor bar.
You will need a USB type or wireless type(uses batteries ), the original sensor bar connector can not be plugged to PC
There is also a "Dolphin bar" which is made by Mayflash
Quote:Only original Wiimotes work with Dolphin . 3rd party wiimote are troublesome , most of them don't work
To clarify, most of them don't work with the Windows Bluetooth stack. Most of them work on Linux.
You need a sensor bar. I highly recommend the Mayflash Dolphinbar. Makes connection and IR sensing a snap.