Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimmfi on Macbook Air (11-inch, early 2015 model)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm using a Macbook Air (11-inch, early 2015 model), and I'm wondering if I can play Wiimmfi on Dolphin with Mario Kart Wii. So far, without Wiimmfi (the custom server), the game's pretty much going at 55-60 fps, which is fine with me. However, will that same FPS still be there if I play online with Wiimmfi?

My Mac Specs:

[Image: 4e37cec35d80420fb7a9b7377fc0ca7e.png]

If anyone could tell me if it would still work at nearly full speed on a custom server (Wiimmfi), that would be great.
You don't want near full speed. You need full speed at all times or you will be accused of using time cheats (which is indeed the effect of not having the game run full speed), annoy others and eventually be banned.
(09-16-2016, 07:38 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]You don't want near full speed. You need full speed at all times or you will be accused of using time cheats (which is indeed the effect of not having the game run full speed), annoy others and eventually be banned.

Oh okay. Do you think with my specs I can run it at full speed? Offline against CPU's it's quite stable and runs at 58/60 fps. Do you think I'll get the same online on Wiimmfi?
58 is not full speed.
(09-16-2016, 04:43 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]58 is not full speed.

Yeah, I meant it runs at 60 fps in-game, but in the track selection it kinda slows down. I just tested putting the maximum FPS at 200, and my game ran at a solid 130 fps. So, would that mean if I played online on Wiimmfi, my in-game FPS would be 60 too?
That should be okay, but beware of shader compilation stuttering. Even a few FPS drops can cause a significant timer difference at the end of a race.