Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crash Upon Launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently started trying to emulate Super Mario Galaxy on Dolphin. It worked pretty well, until it got to the point where it first saves. It then said it couldn't write saves to the system hardware or something, then wouldn't work after that.I googled similar problems and the most common issue seemed to be with Dolphin being installed in Program Files. Since mine was located there, I decided to uninstall and reinstall elsewhere. Upon trying to uninstall, it said something was wrong with the uninstaller, then when I tried to reinstall without uninstalling, it said something was wrong with the installer. I deleted the Dolphin folder I had, then restarted my computer and tried again. It let me reinstall Dolphin in my G drive after that. I opened it, and it seemed to be working okay. I opened Paths in Config to setup Dolphin again, selected my main folder, and enabled the search for all subfolders. It stopped responding, so I let it sit for a while, eventually deciding that it crashed. I stopped the process and restarted, trying it again. The same problem happened, but now whenever I try to run Dolphin, it stops responding before I can do anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it still doesn't work. I've also tried using 5.0 and 5.0-600 in different locations. Nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?
Try grabbing yourself a fresh copy of Dolphin, probably a dev build because it's easier to move around, and throw a "portable.txt" file in the same folder as dolphin.exe

This will force Dolphin to create a User folder contained with that version of Dolphin, and keep your settings and saves fresh and isolated