Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Experience with Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using the instructions in this thread, Warboy and I tried to play peer-to-peer Brawl. The server in Europe seemed to work, but was far too slow - at least for us US residents.

Although we made sure every setting was the same and used the same save file, we could not get it working quite right. The connection speed was excellent, but on both of our screens our opponent seemed to attack randomly and often jumped off the edge. Additionally, Warboy always saw me pick Ice Climbers, when I actually was picking Pit. Later I tried hosting, but on his screen I had chosen rotate mode when I had really chosen Vs.

I hope this is some useful feedback for dev's and Dolphin enthusiasts. With P2P connection using Hamachi, we never seemed to be viewing the same picture on both screens.

Edit: R2895
(04-07-2009, 08:21 AM)Eddman962 Wrote: [ -> ]With P2P connection using Hamachi, we never seemed to be viewing the same picture on both screens.

That is called desync. It's an issue with Dolphin online play at the moment.
That reminds me, What version was you running Eddman? 32bit or 64bit?
(04-07-2009, 08:07 PM)Warboy Wrote: [ -> ]That reminds me, What version was you running Eddman? 32bit or 64bit?

64, do you you think that matters?
(04-08-2009, 03:18 AM)Eddman962 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2009, 08:07 PM)Warboy Wrote: [ -> ]That reminds me, What version was you running Eddman? 32bit or 64bit?

64, do you you think that matters?

Not really since we match, I'm using 64 too.