Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linking error on Linux Mint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently tried building Dolphin on Linux Mint 18 KDE. I'm aware of the ppa, but I have had previous issues with my graphics card (Integrated Radeon HD 8670D on AMD A10-6800K, for which the proprietary drivers are no longer supported). To get the card to work, I had to replace the proprietary drivers with open-source ones, together with the kernel from 4.4 to 4.7. I assume this was why the ppa did not function properly.

On the first build attempt I got an error on linking:
[ 94%] Linking CXX executable ../../../Binaries/dolphin-emu
../VideoCommon/libvideocommon.a(ImageWrite.cpp.o): In function `TextureToPng(unsigned char*, int, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int, int, bool)':
ImageWrite.cppSad.text+0x2e7): undefined reference to `png_set_longjmp_fn'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFGetVersion@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFReadDirectory@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFReadRGBAImageOriented@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFDefaultStripSize@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFWriteScanline@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `_TIFFfree@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFGetField@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFScanlineSize@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFClose@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFClientOpen@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFRGBAImageOK@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFGetFieldDefaulted@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFSetWarningHandler@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFSetErrorHandler@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `_TIFFmalloc@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFSetDirectory@LIBTIFF_4.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so: undefined reference to `TIFFReadScanline@LIBTIFF_4.0'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/build.make:1669: recipe for target 'Binaries/dolphin-emu' failed
make[2]: *** [Binaries/dolphin-emu] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:721: recipe for target 'Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [Source/Core/DolphinWX/CMakeFiles/dolphin-emu.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:160: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Afterwards, I tried again with the script from the Dolphin wiki. Again, the linking error.
Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Oh, and ... congrats to all developers for such a wonderful emulator!
When I tried Dolphin on my Linux work laptop, everything was super smooth. Really amazing product.
(09-12-2016, 03:58 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like the same issue as here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-co...#pid326738

Indeed, the symlink fix solved the build issue. Thank you very much for solution.

However, after install I'm now having controller issues (even the keyboard takes no input). This wasn't a problem on the ppa install; the keyboard worked fine, the entire game just played in super slow motion.

Does anyone have an idea why keyboard input wouldn't work for a build from source?
Are the controls working fine in the controller configuration but not in games, or are they not working anywhere?
The Xlib input backend was dropped recently. You probably simply have to select the XInput2 device to fix your configuration.
(09-13-2016, 02:55 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are the controls working fine in the controller configuration but not in games, or are they not working anywhere?

Sorry for the late reply, I figured out that the problem was related to old hidden config files that were not properly deleted from the first install. My own negligence ...

So now that the keyboard works properly, I just have to figure out how to make my steam controller work Wink

Thanks for helping out, really made a difference.
(09-13-2016, 08:50 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]The Xlib input backend was dropped recently. You probably simply have to select the XInput2 device to fix your configuration.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've just figured it out.