Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to mod Resident Evil 2's 2D backgrounds to be smoother?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Buhfrog

Hi! New user here, sorry If I'm posting in the wrong place. Is it possible to mod the 2D background artwork of the environments we run around in? I've been wanting to play this game again, and it seems RE2 is best played on Dolphin! The character models are LEAGUES better than what they look like on EPSXE with with their distorted, uneven, flashing faces. I'm so happy I found this! I did notice the background art leaves something to be desired though. I found the HD UI mod and I love that! Dolphin would DEFINITELY be the the definitive way to play this game, if there was a way to push the background art through some kinda filter to make them look better. As of right now, since it's just 2D, when I crank up the resolution it just makes the backgrounds look even more jagged. Thanks for reading!

Buhfrog

Ah. I found what I wanted! Awesome! Just to share how I got the desired affect... I downloaded Ishiruka-Dolphin and went to graphics>enhancements>texture scaling mode> and changed that from off to XBRZ x2. AMAZING!

Buhfrog

It should be said that it does bring in a little artifacting but it's no big deal. just some lines every now and then, and maybe some white pixels here and there.