Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Moving SS dolphin saves to Wii U VC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Is it possible to move my dolphin saves for skyward sword to my Wii U, for use with the virtual console edition? I know you could use them in the Wii edition but I don't know if virtual console is any different
Do you have homebrew (on vwii)? See if the save manager for wii games detects skyward sword
(09-11-2016, 11:55 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have homebrew (on vwii)? See if the save manager for wii games detects skyward sword

Why would you need a homebrew save manager for this? If a homebrew one works, wouldn't the system menu one work too?
(09-11-2016, 11:55 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have homebrew (on vwii)? See if the save manager for wii games detects skyward sword

No, my Wii U is vanilla. I haven't actually bought the vc version yet because Nintendo doesn't do refunds and I wanted to make sure it would work first. Hasn't anyone tried using saves on other vc titles?
Do you have another GC/Wii title from eshop? Anything older than gamecube is emulation and might work different. If you do have another how does it work? Try back-upping its save to sd card.
As far as I remember, Zelda SS save is not protected, so, in Dolphin, you can use the "Export Wii Save" option to get the save file in the standard Wii format, which you can transfer to a SD Card and restore it without trouble on a real Wii and on vWii. What I'm not sure is how those Wii re-releases that Nintendo sells at eShop works. Can you manage their save files through vWii? Or only through Wii U Settings?
(09-12-2016, 07:17 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have another GC/Wii title from eshop? Anything older than gamecube is emulation and might work different. If you do have another how does it work? Try back-upping its save to sd card.

All of my games are either discs or recent games from the eshop.
(09-12-2016, 05:06 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I remember, Zelda SS save is not protected, so, in Dolphin, you can use the "Export Wii Save" option to get the save file in the standard Wii format, which you can transfer to a SD Card and restore it without trouble on a real Wii and on vWii. What I'm not sure is how those Wii re-releases that Nintendo sells at eShop works. Can you manage their save files through vWii? Or only through Wii U Settings?

I need to buy some more storage today but I'll start the download and see when it's done
So I downloaded the game and extracted the file, but for some reason it's using my original save file that I had moved to dolphin last year instead of the new ones that I copied in just now. I don't know if I transferred the saves wrong because I just put the title folder in the sd card's wii folder

EDIT: I moved my save to the wii using the wii menu and it works now