Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin recognizes no controller input (at all)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Babymech

So I installed Dolphin just recently and am trying to get it to run. I have no problem booting up a Wii game, and the graphics and sound work fine. The compatibility rating list gives the game a 4. To start the game I'm supposed to press Any button, and that's where my problem comes in.

So far, Dolphin recognizes no input from me. No matter what I press on my keyboard, gamepad (Xbox Elite on USB) or mouse has any effect. Dolphin recognizes input - I can press F1 and Dolphin tells me there's no save state in that slot, but nothing has any effect on the actual game.

I've tried unplugging the gamepad and playing without it in, and I've tried plugging it back in. I've tried switching the 'standard controller' from "DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse" to "XInput/0/Gamepad" but neither works. I can use my gamepad to set the inputs, but that doesn't reflect in the game. I've tried switching setting the wiimote to none and to emulated wiimote. I've tried setting all 4 ports to "Standard controller". I've tried reinstalling Dolphin.

I'm really at a loss - this doesn't seem like a normal problem experience by others - something is just off and preventing me from getting input into the game. Any help is appreciated.
Specifically, what game have you tried to play? If it's Wii game, can you post a screenshot of the Wmulated Wiimote settings? For GC games, a screenshot of your GC controller settings would help.

Another question, when you configure input, does Dolphin recognize that? For example, can you remap the GC "A" button to your keyboard or controller? If Dolphin does recognize it, pressing whatever you mapped should light up a little box on the input screen.

Babymech

(09-11-2016, 12:58 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Specifically, what game have you tried to play? If it's Wii game, can you post a screenshot of the Wmulated Wiimote settings? For GC games, a screenshot of your GC controller settings would help.

Another question, when you configure input, does Dolphin recognize that? For example, can you remap the GC "A" button to your keyboard or controller? If Dolphin does recognize it, pressing whatever you mapped should light up a little box on the input screen.

Well, that completely solved everything for me, and revealed to me that I'm a very dumb person. I didn't look closely enough at the menu names, so I've been spending ~45 minutes setting up Gamecube controllers for a Wii game. Now that I went into the Wiimote configuration settings I'm starting to get it working.

Thanks for helping out, and sorry for posting a dumb question.
Fwiw, it sounded like you'd already tried something like that, so I didn't bring it up Tongue

It's a common problem really, happens to a lot of people. At least it works now, and that's what counts. Now go have fun with Dolphin Wink