Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: melee running at half speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using a lenovo ideapad y700 running windows ten and a quad core i7 processor that is 6th generation. its running nvidia gtx 960 4 gb gddr5 discrete graphics and 8 gb of ddr4 ram. running dolphin on a hdd for now, will move to sdd soon. game runs at 60 frames in menus but during game runs 30 frames at half speed. Can someone tell me why its running at half speed
There are probably several models of quad core i7, 6th gen CPUs. What's the precise model?
Intel Core i7-6700HQ cpu 2.6 GHz 8 cpus according to directx diagnostic tool
That should be more than enough to run Melee at full speed, especially as Melee is a pretty lightweight game. Are you sure you are not throttling or something?
im not really big on computers so i wouldnt know or know how to stop, its really annoying because blands 2 runs at an easy 60 frames but melee somehow cant. the computer is brand new and i didnt activate anything.
Is vsync turned on in Graphics?

Turn it off.

Then go into the NVIDIA control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> create a profile for Dolphin.exe -> in that profile set preferred power management or whatever to "prefer maximum performance" and v-sync to off.

Also, if the profile gives you an option to chose which GPU to run dolphin.exe on, pick the nvidia one.
Its still 29 fps 29 vps and 50% speed
Does anybody have any idea how to fix this or help get the game to run normal, my laptop is not particularly hot and its loaded on a hdd for now untill soon it will be on an sdd
Try a portable.txt. See if its your settings.
A lot of new laptops will limit games to 30 FPS in certain power modes. For conventional PC games, that's not much of a problem since they can run any framerate and still be full speed. Emulators, that's not the case.
Pages: 1 2