Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ~Bad image eirror OpenGL32.dll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm new here and I'm having a problem running Dolphin 5.0

I get the error C:\windows\system32\openGL32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc000012f

Done some googling and none of the suggestions work.

Anyone had this issue and been able to fix it?

So far this is the only application that has this problem Sad

Thanks for any help
Are your drivers up to date? Can you use Direct3D?
(09-06-2016, 11:18 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Are your drivers up to date? Can you use Direct3D?

Yeah all up to date, and any game I have installed runs without a problem Undecided
Most games don't use OpenGL, but can you run dolphin with Direct3D?
(09-06-2016, 11:24 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Most games don't use OpenGL, but can you run dolphin with Direct3D?

How do I get it to run in Direct3D?
As this error comes from simply clicking on icon in the start menu of the PC, so can't get to any settings etc :-(
Sounds like your driver install or Windows might be corrupted. Or your GPU doesn't support the minimum requirement for dolphin
Think im good with GPU as all steam games and apps work. just get this error trying to run Dolphin..

Don't really want to do a reinstall of windows and none of my drivers are broken as far as I can tell :-(

Searching online gives me no fix sadly too

Thanks guys for the help Smile
Well, from what I know, most steam games run D3D. However, dolphin will default to OpenGL, so you may not see any issues elsewhere except dolphin. What you should do is get dolphin to open with D3D. If you can't figure out how to get the config files to do this, I'll help you out after work.
I think his gpu is AMD Mobility FireGL V5200
Directx 9.0c
Opengl 2.0
(09-08-2016, 06:15 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I think his gpu is AMD Mobility FireGL V5200
Directx 9.0c
Opengl 2.0

GPU us the AMD HD 5700

Thought that would be enough, guessing driver issues. But not found a fix for that so far.

Other than a complete reformat Undecided
Pages: 1 2