Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to check for errors in a game disc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

matt.zepess

I know this is a dolphin emulator site, But i picked up a stack of wii games the other day that are pretty beat up. I personally dont need them because i only buy things in good shape but these were too good to pass on. Im planning on selling them on ebay, but want to be sure the games will run well for the next owner. How can i test them all out? I have a wii... Somewhere, but is there any good homebrew apps thatll tell you the error count? Kinda like imgburn? Seems like wii games arent a good format that windows can detect so i cant just directly scan them with imgburn... Any help would be great, because i want these things gone but also dont want to ruin someones day by sending a dead game... and i would end up loosing my shippment fee in the process.
Either dump it and check the md5, or just play a little way into it (one of my mario galaxy copies doesnt even launch, the other says cannot read on the title screen)
Use CleanRip to dump the game. Once it's done dumping, it will give you the MD5 hash for the game. You can compare that with MD5 hashes that are available on the internet for many popular games. If the MD5 doesn't match, that means something is wrong, but you won't know what or how much.